What is Desktop as a Service?
The Desktops-as-a-Service or DaaS provides secure virtual desktops and apps from the cloud to any device or location. Desktop virtualization makes it possible for your workforce to access secured, software-as-a-service applications, as well as complete virtual desktops, run on Windows. Providing a simple and predictable pay-as-you-go subscription model, DaaS allows users to pay for as little or as much as they need. This turnkey solution is also simple to manage, simplifying the IT admin duties of desktops.
DaaS: how does it work?
DaaS (Desktops as a Service) transforms virtual desktops into cloud-based desktop services. Through a secure Remote Desktop Protocol application, your workforce can access this service on a laptop, desktop, thin client, or tablet.
The virtual desktop infrastructure is hosted by a third-party cloud provider. Virtual desktops are then streamed to the customer’s end-user devices by the provider.
VDI deployments, management, backups, security, and upgrades are all handled by the cloud provider. The customer will be responsible for managing the desktop images and applications. DaaS is a great option for organisations in need of a VDI solution they don’t want to invest in and manage themselves.
VDI and DaaS: what is the difference?
DaaS entails hosting Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) in the cloud. VDI lets you deploy virtual desktops at your own in-house data centers. Purchasing, maintaining, and upgrading the infrastructure is done by in-house IT teams.
Essentially, DaaS is the same thing, but it is cloud-based and without the burden of managing the infrastructure.
- Adaptability: Applications, remote desktops, and data can be accessed securely anywhere, using cost-effective devices, so that employees can be productive, no matter where they work.
- Scalability: Keeping IT costs low in peak seasons by rapidly scaling up resources when needed, and scaling down when no longer needed.
- Maintaining business continuity: Disaster recovery can be implemented easily with DaaS. Your workforce will be able to access apps and desktops remotely and remain available in the event of a natural disaster, pandemic, or other catastrophes. Your employees are safe, and your organisation remains productive. DaaS lets you quickly add users when you need it and charge only for what you use.
- Saving money: Using monthly or yearly subscription models, pay only for what you use. Additionally, you can reduce capital expenditures and enjoy more predictable operational expenses.
- Security: Users will be able to simplify security and management procedures whilst gaining access to protected desktops and apps. Millennia Cloud stores data securely and protects it against data loss or device theft in accessing applications and desktops.
- Microsoft partner: As a Microsoft global partner, Millennia Cloud Services can seamlessly integrate your applications and desktop needs such as Microsoft 365 (previously known as Office 365), Windows 10, Teams as well as Skype for Business all for the same price Microsoft charge.
- Management: Millennia Cloud customers can choose to manage their cloud services themselves or can arrange for a Millennia Support technician to manage it on their behalf.
Why not reach out and see what Millennia Cloud can do for you?